Monday, December 8, 2008

Slayer Gear: The Slayer Belt Set

It bothered me a little that in the recent Richmond Times-Dispatch blog I was in, Iggy talked about our little trip to Fairlight Industries, but never linkied the awesome leg strap belt shown in the last picture that adorned my thigh. Also, it was a strange pic with my Callie Cline skirt looking really funky from the low angle it was taken from. If I had known Iggy was shooting close-ups I would have changed outfits sooner ^.^

Anywho, I'm not sure about everyone else but to me, the pic seemed to imply that the belt came from Fairlight, which it didn't. It came from Neko Gear.

There are two pieces to the Slayer Belt Set, the belt and the leg band. The belt has some really fun details on it, like the bulbs of garlic, the silver bullets, the silver crosses, a flask of holy water, and a coil of rope. But by far my favorite piece on the belt is the UV flashlight.


Another really clever thing about the belt is the fanny pack at the rear--or, more specifically the Slayer's Handbook tucked into the back of the fanny pack.


There's even a fun little piece of advice on the back cover of the book, something you'll only see if you do some creative camming. But you'll have to buy the belt to read it for yourself ^.~

Now, on the leg strap... it's got several silver stakes, a silver dagger, and another bunch of garlic. I usually hunt with a pistol strapped to my left thigh and this on my right thigh, and it's funny that the stakes seem to be more scary than the firearm!



There is a bling on/off option for the belt and the leg strap. Now I hate blingtards as much as everyone else, but the bling effect on these is very subtle, so no worries.

Now keep in mind that all of this is cosmetic; nothing detaches and nothing on the belt or the leg strap is scripted to do anything slayer-ish. But! You CAN get the dagger or a stake separately at Neko Gear, and those do happen to be combat-scripted.

If you want to pick this up I'd go to the mainstore at the Nekopolis sim so you can see everything that Neko Gear has to offer. For all of your plain, vanilla humans out there, don't be scared, it's not just for nekos! There is a lot of everything there (at Neko Gear and in the mall shops around Nekopolis....awesome place,) so go take a peek ^.~

Slayer Belt Set: Neko Gear @ Nekopolis

No comments: